2023年8月27日 星期日

Facebook 128

 Sorrows and Joys of St. Joseph:


The origin of this devotion dates back to the 5th century; it was spread by an Italian Capuchin monk, John da Fano(1469-1539)and was revealed by St. Joseph himself who, after having saved two ship-wrecked monks off the coast of Flanders, appeared to them and said," I am St. Joseph, most worthy spouse of the Blessed Mother of God,to whom you have recourse.I recently obtained from the infinite Divine Mercy of God that anyone who, everyday for one full year, will pray seven Our Father's and seven Hail Mary's meditating on the seven sorrows I had on earth , will obtain any grace if it conforms to the greatest spiritual good ." St Joseph then explained to the monks his seven sorrows;to these later also the joys were added. This devotion, approved by the Catholic Church, spread widely under the name " The Seven Sorrows and Seven Joys" of St . Joseph. The beauty of this devotion is to be found in the mystery of the hidden life of Jesus witnessed by both St. Joseph and Mary.


" The Seven Sorrows and Seven Joys " should be prayed everyday consecutively for one year.


The prayers are very effective if done with firm faith to overcome periods of suffering such as sickness, anguish , moral decadence, family and marital crisis , lack of work, etc. It is used to be enlightened before an important decision , to be healed, consoled , or to ask any type of help in small or great matters. It is also a wonderful way to offer thanksgiving for the immense graces that one constantly receives from the Lord.


(1.) St Joseph 's sorrow before comprehending Mary's vocation and the joy in discovering God's plan upon him.


Prayer (optional): St. Joseph, you received the gift of knowing God's divine plan for you. Help me to discover my own vocation and to respond to God's call without hesitation by doing His will every day of my life.


Our Father

Hail Mary


(2.) St . Joseph's sorrow for the hardships in Bethlehem and the joy for the birth of Jesus


Prayer: St Joseph, you who were unable to find a room in Bethlehem for the birth of your Holy Child, help me to discover God in all those who are near to me and to understand that by serving my neighbour I give my service toward the Lord. Help me to learn that my daily challenges are treasures for my interior life.


Our Father

Hail Mary


(3.) St Joseph's sorrow for the circumcision of the Holy Child and the joy in giving Him the name of Jesus


Prayer: St Joseph, you who took part in the story of salvation by fulfilling your duties of father and spouse, grant me to also comprehend what my role is in this incredible story. Give me the strength not to sin, and , should I sin, to deeply repent and make reparation.


Our Father

Hail Mary


(4.) St Joseph's sorrow and joy for Simeon 's prophecy


Prayer: St Joseph, you who accepted with trust the only saving truth, help me to accept with humility the sufferings that sometimes I need to face; let me accept that they are part of everyone's daily life and we must carry our crosses with love. Help me to entrust myslf to God who knows everything and to choose everything according to His plan.


Our Father

Hail Mary


(5.) St Joseph's sorrow for the exile in Egypt and joy in submitting himself to God.


Prayer: St. Joseph, teach me to work with passion and commitment to do God's will. Help me to be honest , to not only think of my own interest but also to watch over the people that , everyday , work with me or for me.


Our Father

Hail Mary


(6.) St Joseph's sorrow and joy in coming back to Nazareth from Egypt .


Prayer: St Joseph help me to be obedient as you were during your life, to respond with dociltiy and without fear everyday to God's call knowing that His will is the very best for me.


Our Father 

Hail Mary


(7.)St. Joseph's sorrow for losing Jesus and joy for finding Him among the teachers in the Temple.


Prayer: St Joseph, most righteous man on earth and most pure saint in heaven , help me to always find the path that leads to Jesus Christ, without getting lost and being discouraged when sin takes over me. In these difficult moments, be next to me to lead me to deep repentance and reconciliation. Help me to be faithful to my vocation and to sanctify myself in work and good deeds. Protect my family.


Our Father

Hail Mary


沒有留言:

張貼留言

聖神七恩在俗會會規

聖神七恩會規:( 暫訂) 每天必須唸玫瑰經至少四串, 用5 分鐘默想玫瑰經奧跡, 用聖經和聖書默想 每天必須唸 st bridget 15 prayers聖婦碧瑾十五篇禱文, 苦路經 十四處, 用十分鐘默想耶穌苦難。 每天看聖書和聖經共不可少於十五分鐘, 每天必須看 吃飯前唸經,...