2023年8月16日 星期三

St Michael 's lent

 SAINT MICHAEL'S LENT was begun by St. Francis of Assisi in 1224, and it involves doing or giving up something in honor of St. Michael the Archangel for 40 days (Like the regular Lent, St. Michael's Lent doesn't include Sundays).  


The traditional and ancient 40 Day Consecration Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel from the Basilica Sanctuary of St. Michael in Gargano, Italy may be prayed daily from Aug.15 thru Sept.29 to honor St. Michael as a type of Lent offering to St. Michael the Archangel, or you can also offer some kind of fasting/abstinence, prayer (The Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel), and/or penance.


40 DAY CONSECRATION PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL (Aug. 15th – Sept. 29th). St. Francis of Assisi did a yearly 40 day Lent in honor of St. Michael the Archangel, and it was during this time that he received the stigmata. 


CONSECRATION PRAYER: "Oh, most noble Prince of the Angelic Hierarchies, valorous warrior of Almighty God, and zealous lover of His glory, terror of the rebellious angels, and love and delight of all the just, my beloved Archangel Saint Michael, desiring to be numbered among your devoted servants, I, today offer and CONSECRATE myself to you, and place myself, my family, and all I possess under your most powerful protection.


I entreat you not to look at how little I, as your servant have to offer, being only a wretched sinner, but to gaze, rather, with favorable eye at the heartfelt affection with which this offering is made, and remember that if from this day onward I am under your patronage, you must during all my life assist me, and procure for me the pardon of my many grievous offenses and sins, the grace to love with all my heart my God, my dear Savior Jesus, and my Sweet Mother Mary, and to obtain for me all the help necessary to arrive to my crown of glory.


Defend me always from my spiritual enemies, particularly in the last moments of my life.


Come then, oh Glorious Prince and succor me in my last struggle, and with your powerful weapon cast far from me into the infernal abysses that prevaricator and proud angel that one day you prostrated in the celestial battle.


Accompany me then to the throne of God to sing with you, Archangel Saint Michael and all the angels, praise, honor and glory to the One who reigns for all eternity. AMEN."


(An indulgence of two-hundred days is granted to everyone who devoutly says this 40 DAY CONSECRATION PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL once a day, praying for the needs of the holy Church and the Supreme Pontiff.)

沒有留言:

張貼留言

聖神七恩在俗會會規

聖神七恩會規:( 暫訂) 每天必須唸玫瑰經至少四串, 用5 分鐘默想玫瑰經奧跡, 用聖經和聖書默想 每天必須唸 st bridget 15 prayers聖婦碧瑾十五篇禱文, 苦路經 十四處, 用十分鐘默想耶穌苦難。 每天看聖書和聖經共不可少於十五分鐘, 每天必須看 吃飯前唸經,...