2023年8月17日 星期四

st bosco dream part2

 A Glimpse of Heaven given to Saint John Bosco:(part 2)


continue...


One could tell from the expression of those happy faces that the singers not only took the deepest pleasure in singing, but also received vast joy in listening to the others. The more they sang, the more pressing became their desire to sing. The more they listened the more vibrant became their yearning to hear more....


As I listened enthralled to that heavenly choir, I saw an endless multitude of boys ( St. Bosco's students) approaching me. Many I recognized as having been at the Oratory and in our other schools, but by far the majority of them were total strangers to me. Their endless ranks drew closer, headed by Dominic Savio, who was followed immediately by Father Alasonatti, Father Chiali, Father Guilitto and many other clerics and priests, each leading a squad of boys...


Once that host of boys got some eight or ten paces from me, they halted. There was a flash of light far brighter than before, the music stopped, and a hushed silence fell over all. A most radiant joy aglow with happiness. They looked and smiled at me very pleasantly , as though to speak, but no one said a word.


Dominic Savio stepped forward a pace or two, standing so close to me that, had I stretched out my hand, I would surely have touched him. He too was silent and gazed upon me with a smile... 


At last Dominic Savio spoke, " Why do you stand there silent, as though you were most devitalized?" he asked. " Are not you the one who once feared nothing, holding your ground against slander, persecution, hostility, hardships and dangers of all sorts? Where is courage? Say something!"


I forced myself to reply in a stammer," I do not know what to say , Are you Dominic Savio?"

"Yes, I am . Don't you know me anymore?"


"How come you are here?"I asked still bewildered.

Savio spoke affectionately," I came to talk with you . We spoke together so often on earth! Do you not recall how much you loved me, or how many tokens of friendship you gave me and how kind you were to me? And did I not return the warmth of your love? How much trust I placed in you! So why are you tongue -tied?" Why are you shaking? Come ask me a question or two !"


Part 2 ends. continue....


沒有留言:

張貼留言

聖神七恩在俗會會規

聖神七恩會規:( 暫訂) 每天必須唸玫瑰經至少四串, 用5 分鐘默想玫瑰經奧跡, 用聖經和聖書默想 每天必須唸 st bridget 15 prayers聖婦碧瑾十五篇禱文, 苦路經 十四處, 用十分鐘默想耶穌苦難。 每天看聖書和聖經共不可少於十五分鐘, 每天必須看 吃飯前唸經,...