2023年8月2日 星期三

Facebook 89

 Gregory the Great argues that " the movements of the flesh" are like beasts, for , " while they gall the mind by prompting conduct contrary to reason, they rise up against us like beasts. But when the heart is bowed down under the Divine Law, even the incitements of the flesh are reduced , so that, though in tempting us they give a low growl, yet they never mount so high as to the execution of the deeds, as to the madness of open biting."He then points to the great apostle to show how everyone is beset by these beasts in some way. St Paul admitted that he suffered from an inner tension as part of himself warred with another part. He said, " I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do ... For I delight in the law of God, in my inmost self, but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin which dwells in my members.."( Rom 7:19.22-23)


St Paul lamented that his will delighted in God through charity, as his mind was ruled by faith, whereas his animal appetites, which dwelt in his body, were still moved by the law of sin.


St Thomas: 

The inclination to sin is a punishment for the fault of sins... which has taken mastery over the sinner and imposed its law on him, namely , the inclination to sin. 



He notes that a person who turns his back on God falls under the influence of his sensual impulses similar to those of animals. In humans, that inclination-law is often a deviation and insubordination to the law of reason, and thus fights against his nature, strips him of his proper dignity, and makes him a slave of his lower cravings. Adam and Eve gave us the habitual inclination toward selfishness and away from God, which we call original sin. Our personal sins add further bad habits that turn us in on self and away from the highest good.No wonder that we all fell as if we are at war with ourselves. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言

聖神七恩在俗會會規

聖神七恩會規:( 暫訂) 每天必須唸玫瑰經至少四串, 用5 分鐘默想玫瑰經奧跡, 用聖經和聖書默想 每天必須唸 st bridget 15 prayers聖婦碧瑾十五篇禱文, 苦路經 十四處, 用十分鐘默想耶穌苦難。 每天看聖書和聖經共不可少於十五分鐘, 每天必須看 吃飯前唸經,...