2024年1月20日 星期六

St Teresa of Avila

 "Although to one who has entered religion and guards himself against offending God, it might seem that he has done everything, oh! There yet remain certain worms that are not seen until they have eaten away the virtues! These worms are self-love, high esteem of self, rash judgment of others, and lack of charity towards our neighbor. So that, although we fulfill our duties, we do not perform them with that perfection which God wants of us. 


                                            St. Teresa of Avila 


It was to one of these worms, that the venerable de palafox attributed the cause of his falling into mediocrity after his conversion, so much so, that he almost went to the point of losing his soul. "Why," he asked, " should i have thought myself really humble, even though I might be ? And even though I tried and ardently desired to be good, was I to presume that I really was good? That hidden pride obliged Divine Goodness to teach me to see myself as I really was, not good but bad, lazy, unfaithful, miserable, full of pride and senuality,  and a squanderer of graces."


"You therefore are to be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect." ( Matthew 5:48 )  - Road to PERFECTION-

沒有留言:

張貼留言

聖神七恩在俗會會規

聖神七恩會規:( 暫訂) 每天必須唸玫瑰經至少四串, 用5 分鐘默想玫瑰經奧跡, 用聖經和聖書默想 每天必須唸 st bridget 15 prayers聖婦碧瑾十五篇禱文, 苦路經 十四處, 用十分鐘默想耶穌苦難。 每天看聖書和聖經共不可少於十五分鐘, 每天必須看 吃飯前唸經,...